Friday, February 14, 2014

THE BIG CHOP !

I would describe myself as a natural girl who wears weave, extensions , wigs, whatever. For most of my life, I have hid behind my Indian imported virgin hair. $600 for hair? Nothing!!  It lasts me at least a good two years. It's a good investment, I say.


But I neglected my real hair for so long. The hair I was naturally born with. You see, under "my" luscious virgin locks, my natural kinky hair was beneath. I wasn't really giving it the TLC it deserved.


One day, I looked in the mirror and asked myself, what am I doing? Why hasn't my hair grown much? Thats when I decided, I had to do the big chop! And not just any big chop... A FADE!


My face says it all! OMFG! 




OMG I did it!


I wanted to go as low as possible to strip away any perm/relaxer that was lingering . I was inspired by the actress Lupita Nyong'o :)



I'm very excited to start this natural hair care journey! I hope you stay with me for the ride to watch my hair grow from Fade 2 Fro! 


Xoxo Jay 



4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the natural club! Go you and this big transition you have embarked on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're on #teamnatural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrate great hair common!!!!! (Dancing like a looney) #TeamNatural Your beautiful!!!! Xoxo
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keisha Vanloo if u read this... email cfab4044@gmail.com to get in touch with jessica

    ReplyDelete